We are delighted to share the news of our recent recognition at the 2023 Western Cape Prestige Agri-Awards. In a category featuring entries from esteemed farms across fifteen regions in the province, the Franschhoek region was announced as the best-performing region for this year’s competition, with Boschendal honoured as the best farm in this region for the sixth time.
The recognition is a testament to our commitment to regenerative farming, goal where we work is to replenish and generate our soil. Because for us, healthy soil means healthy food and ultimately, healthy people.
The Essence of the Western Cape Prestige Agri Awards
The Cape Prestige Agri-Awards were established in 2005 to honour the significant role played by agricultural workers to sustain and advance agriculture in the Western Cape. These awards serve as a platform to highlight the remarkable work carried out in the agricultural sector and inspire pride among agricultural workers across the Western Cape.
Recognising Remarkable Individuals
Congratulations to our Boschendal team who received recognition in the following categories:
- Keenan Carstens – Irrigation Specialist (Provincial Winner)
- Samantha Johannes – Social Development (Provincial Winner)
- Jeanine Hartnick – General Workers (Regional Winner)
- Godwin Chirambadare – Animal Production (Regional Winner)
- Shannon Robertson – Middle Management (Regional Runner-up)
- Willem Wes – Truck Driver (Regional Runner-up)
- Edwin Stoffberg – Administrative Staff (Regional Runner-up)
- Dawid Timotheus – Junior Management (Regional Third Place)
We are excited to announce that Keenan Carstens and Samantha Johannes have been named the provincial winners in their respective categories. Jeanine Hartnick and Godwin Chirambadare take home the regional awards in their respective categories.
Our farm is yours to explore, play, and discover. Come visit us at Boschendal and see how we farm regeneratively. Experience the best of farm living with guided tours and hikes, and gain access to awe-inspiring mountain bike trails.