Learn more about the information we collect and your choices.
Boschendal (PTY) LTD is committed to protecting the Personal Information of data subjects processes in line with the requirements of global data protection laws and regulations. To this end Boschendal created this Policy to demonstrate its commitment to Privacy and Information Protection.
All reference to “we” , “us” and “our” refers to Boschendal (PTY) LTD (“Boschendal”), affiliates, parent companies and any of their respective associated companies and related businesses (e.g. Boschendal Wines).
By using our Platforms and Service you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms outlined to the terms outlined in this Policy. Therefore, you consent and agree to the processing of your Personal Information in compliance with this Policy.
Boschendal takes reasonable steps to protect Personal Information and handles such information in compliance with applicable Data Protection laws. In the context of South Africa, does so in compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) 2014 as the countries Data Protection legislation.
1. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While using our Platforms or Services, you may be requested to provide certain Personal Information, which identifies you as an individual (including, but not limited to, your name and contact details).
Such information may be collected in following ways:
- Voluntary Disclosures of Personal Information
This includes any Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us directly, whether through our website or via telephone, text messages, social media, fax or any other medium, this may include information you give to us:
- by filling in forms on our Platforms (e.g. when you register on our Platforms or subscribe to use services on our Platforms);
- when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey; by posting comments or content on our Platforms; when you purchase one of our products or services;
- when you contact us and when you otherwise provide information directly to us.
- Personal Information we collect or receive when you use our Platforms or Services
We collect Personal Information when you use our Platforms or Services by using Cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our Platforms. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our Platforms again and improve our service to you.
Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our Platforms that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our Platforms and make your use of it easier. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive the following information:
- Log information (for example information about your interactions with our Platforms and other Services you use, the content you view and the search queries you submit);
- Information we infer about you based on your interaction with our products and services;
- Device information (for example the type of device you’re using, how you access our Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address).
You can delete cookies at any time or you can set your browser to reject or disable cookies. If you do disable cookies some functions of the website may not work correctly.
No information which personally identifies you will be collected through cookies.
- Information from third-party sources
We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Platforms.
2. USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION)
We may process your Personal Information in a number of ways including, but not limited to the following:
- enable you to make use of our Platforms in the manner described on our Platforms,
- enable us to make relevant recommendations on a personalised basis;
- communicate information to you, for example through newsletters, you have the option to opt-out of such communication.
- compile and maintain our Platforms and client database;
- register and/or authenticate users of and/or visitors to our Platforms;
- identify and take reasonable measures to prevent fraudulent use of or access to our Platforms;
- compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to our Platforms;
- attract suppliers by showing de-identified information about the database, for example demographics;
- track client database size and growth.
Processing includes collecting, receiving, recording, organising, collating, storing, updating, modifying, retrieving, altering, consulting or using, disseminating, distributing or making available and merging, linking, blocking, degrading, erasing, destroying Personal Information. Processing of Personal Information is also performed to comply with applicable laws.
We may keep your Personal Information in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the Personal Information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Third party Disclosure
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to give effect to a contract with you or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. These are some of the instances where we may share your Personal Information with third parties, who may include:
- our affiliates, business partners in other words, other companies owning or own by us; Business partners.
- website support providers such hosting partners;
- Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you.
- Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Platforms may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Such third parties include: advertising providers, which help us provide ads that are tailored to users’ interests and understand how users respond to those ads; Audience-measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our Platforms and compare that usage to other online services; and Social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) that enable you to register and log into certain of our services and to share things you find on our Platforms with your social network. This is only applicable if you choose to connect with a social networking service; we may provide other registration and login methods.
- We may share information with third-parties where you provide consent in the form of explicit opt-in for a service facilitated by a third party e.g. Entry into a competition sponsored by a third-party where the provision of your information is a condition for entry to the competition, or where you express your interest in a product or service for which you would like more information;
These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you.
These parties may be situated in a different country to you. You agree that your information may be shared with any of the abovementioned parties in another country and you consent to the cross border transfer of your information to another country, whose privacy laws may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence
- Mandatory Disclosure
We may disclose your information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our Platforms. We may also disclose your information during the process of debt collection, or to our attorneys in connection with any potential, threatened or actual litigation, or to our auditors for the purpose of auditing our accounts; Other parties in connection with certain business transactions.
In the event that we restructure or sell any of our businesses or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets or other transacting party; Companies that provide services to us.
5. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
Although no one can guarantee the security of the information collected and received, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up to date technology that will help us to do this.
6. YOUR DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
As a Data Subject of Boschendal you have the right and responsibility to ensure that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we will assume that the information you provided to us is accurate. At your request, where the law requires us to do so, you can exercise your Data Subject rights as per the following, subject to verification and validation of your identity:
- Request access to your Personal Information that Boschendal holds about you as set out in our PAIA manual.
- Request rectification of your Personal Information that Boschendal holds about you.
- Request erasure, as permitted by law, of your Personal Information that Boschendal holds about you.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information.
- Object to processing of Personal Information as permitted by law.
- Lodge a complaint as it pertains to the processing activities of your Personal Information.
Further to the above, in relation to the use of Our Platforms and Services, you have the right to:
- Ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you.
- Reject our cookies, you can do so by configuring your browser to do so.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Platforms contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
8. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Boschendal is based in and operates from South Africa, and, regardless of where you use or access our Platforms, products, or services, your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in South Africa (or elsewhere in the world). Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with South African privacy laws, regulations and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Platforms you consent to this collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in South Africa.